Please use our contact page if you are interested in any of our West Michigan job postings listed below. You may contact email@example.com directly to attach your resume and cover letter.
Immediate opportunity for a Contract Developer/Programmer to work on projects for businesses throughout west Michigan.
Some minor IT computer knowledge to help staff with basic computer needs.
Candidates must have at least one year of practical experience developing web applications using PHP and MySQL in a Linux environment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new skills and expand your knowledge in the field.
- You take pride in the quality of your work.
- You are able to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- You have the ability to multi-task and juggle several tasks at once.
- You code in an organized and efficient manner.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a pre-determined scope of time.
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Extensive knowledge of Drupal and Joomla
- PHP5, Object-Oriented PHP
- MySQL Queries, Table Design, Optimization Techniques
- HTML and CSS
- Handling Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Comfortable in a Linux Environment
- Subversion or other versioning software
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver
Other Desired Experience:
- Smarty or other templating engine
- Configuration of Apache
- Flash, ActionScript
- SSL Certificates
- Security, Code Vulnerability
- XML/RSS Feeds
- E-Mail Standards and Protocols
- Using MTAs, sendmail, qmail
- Familiarity with 3rd Party APIs
- Development of Mobile Applications
- Other languages: C++, Java, Perl, Python